Welcome to our blog! We've had lots of people asking us to keep them posted on all the adoption happenings, so I decided to make a blog. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Introductions



If you're here, chances are that you know one of us. But on the chance that you stumbled upon my blog through the various blogs I comment on, etc. I thought introductions would be a good idea.

First, I'll introduce myself, Sara. I'll be doing most of the writing. One of these days I might get my husband to update from his perspective, but since I'm at home during the day, I have the "time" to do this. Or at least, I'm making the time to do this to keep everyone informed on our adventure! I'm 26 and a stay at home mom to 2

fantastic little girls (more on them in a minute).
Andrew and I have been married almost 5 years (in December). I've been a stay at home mom for 3 years and I love it- most days. Being home all day with 2 toddlers is exhausting, but I definitely wouldn't switch jobs with anyone.

Next up is my husband, Andrew. He is 28 and works at a
drugstore in town as one of the managers. Lots of strange hours... lots of interesting customer stories. He works hard so I can stay home with our kids. I love him bunches. When he gets the chance he enjoys airsoft. It's

his only real hobby, and it's very strange to try to describe in words, but I'll try. A bunch of guys (in their teens, 20's and 30's) dress up in military outfits (some have served or are currently serving in the military) and shoot each other with airsoft guns (they look like the real thing, and they hurt, but not like bullets do). He says it's fun, so I'll take his word for it.


And then we have 2 little girls- Alexis and Kaitlyn. Alexis just turned 3 and Kaitlyn will be 2 in September.
They are best friends and worst enemies, just depends which moment of the day you're joining us. One minute they're giggling and playing in the next room, the next minutes there are tears and blood. Joking about the blood, kinda. As they get older, they're learning to play better together- including the "s" word (sharing).

Alexis is excited about the prospect of a little brother or sister. She's a little too young to understand it all, but we've asked her if she wants a little brother or sister and she gets excited about it. We've also asked her if she wants to share a room with Kaitlyn, which is something that would have to happen when bringing a new child home, and her response was "I snuggle with her, she's my sweetheart." I wonder if it's even worth having 2 beds in there?

Kaitlyn is really too young to have any idea about what we're planning, but hopefully by the time we bring our new child home she'll be excited about it!

We also have a zoo to account for- Oscar, Mayer and Teddy. Oscar and Mayer are 2 little mixed dachshunds. You wouldn't be able to guess it, but that's what the animal shelter told us, and that's where they get their names. Get it? Oscar Mayer wieners? Ha. And Teddy is our cat we (we being me, Sara) brought home after someone found a tiny kitten all by himself at my college. We had just adopted another kitten through facebook and I figured "what's 1 more?".

So, those are the introductions. Hi, nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy reading all about our adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment